PHL TAX LOOP (Longtime Owner Occupants Program; formerly known as Gentrification Protection)
Check if your home qualifies for LOOP and how much you can save. If you are approved, your tax bill will be reduced for 10 years with a one-time application. To get these savings, your application must be received by January 15, 2014, and you have to meet the other requirements below.
Loop Eligibility Requirements:
1) You must own and have lived in this property as your primary residence since at least July 1, 2003.
2) Your home is either a single family or a multi-unit property with no more than three residential units and one commercial unit.
3) Your property has not received a tax abatement.
4) The Real Estate Taxes on your property must be paid in full or you must be up-to-date on a payment plan (or have an application for a payment agreement pending). There is an income limit based on Household size.
What do I do next?
1) Fill out and submit the application (link below or we can print for you at SKCP office); must be received by January 15, 2014
2) Pay the amount due after the LOOP discount as your 2014 Real Estate Tax by March 31, 2014 (or by February 28, 2014 to get a 1% discount). The discounted amount can be found on the brochure mailed to you or look it up here.
3) If your LOOP application is not approved, you will need to pay the balance of your tax bill by April 30, 2014.
Have Questions? Need Help? Call 215-686-9200
Application is available here.
In September, South Kensington Community Partners’ Neighborhood Advisory Subcommittee held a service briefing to address flooding issues that plague parts of our neighborhoods, particularly during storms like those experienced this Summer. Neighbors heard from Philadelphia Water Department staff including Joanne Dahme, General Manager of Public Affairs, who presented information on PWD’s plans and programs for short term and long term protections for home and business owner. See the presentation in its entirety below.
Click here for the address eligibility lists.
The Equal Dollars team and our friends at SKCP, NKCDC and the FNA have organized
a series of community cleanup opportunities around the South Kensington Business
District so that you can choose how to get involved!
As a “thank you” for your hard work, we will offer our volunteers an Equal Dollars
gratuity which they can spend at local Kensington businesses on September 28th.
Equal Dollars Community Currency is based around the community service efforts of
our members and volunteers, and all Equal Dollars members are welcome and
encouraged to come volunteer on the 28th and get thanked with Equal Dollars!
Join us on Saturday the 28th to help beautify South Kensington business corridors.
Volunteers and community groups will convene on the morning of Saturday,
September28th at 10am at the Hyperion Bank parking lot located at 2nd St.
& Girard Avenue. Coffee and refreshments will be served.
One of the sites on Saturday’s list will be La Finquita
(the Little Farm, 436 W. Master Street @ Lawrence).
Learn about the importance of a successful compost system in your garden,
and participate in a hands-on demonstration. Compost is crucial to the vitality
of your soil, and while most gardeners know this, very few have actually been able to
create their own finished product. We’ll teach you a few tricks to get you
on your way to producing your very own golden soil. The workshop is from
10am until noon. Turn the compost and weed for Equal Dollars!